Get this gluten-free dinner on your family’s plate tonight!
Fast, easy one pot cooking is my mantra for busy weeknights… well truthfully most nights! This vegetarian, gluten and dairy free dish will be a new family favorite.
Adding loads of veggies for fiber and plant-based proteins can help reduce glycemic effects of carbohydrates. Spinach is rich in iron and antioxidants like Vitamin C and lutein are needed to support a healthy immune system and vision. Chop your garlic first and let sit on the cutting board while getting everything else prepped. Air helps activate the potency of many of garlic’s natural phytonutrient powerhouses known for having antibacterial, immune and heart healthy properties.
- 12 oz vermicelli rice noodles
- 4 cups hot water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger root, chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, chopped, remove seeds for milder flavor
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 3 cups spinach
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup frozen, organic peas
- 1 cup frozen, organic edamame
- 6 oz Tamari gluten free low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp local honey
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp walnut oil
- Smash garlic to remove peel then chop.
- Peel ginger and onion then chop.
- Wash chili pepper, remove and discard stem. Chop finely removing some seeds for a milder flavor; the more seeds the spicier.
- Wash and chop broccoli florets and chives.
- Wash spinach.
- Heat walnut oil over medium heat in an iron or other skillet.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger, chili pepper and pinch of sea salt. Let simmer until soft, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat water.
- Wisk soy sauce, honey, Sriracha, sesame seeds, half of the chives together in a bowl. Taste and add more Sriracha or honey as desired.
- Add rice noodles, frozen peas and frozen edamame to large bowl, then pour hot water over, using tongs to mix. Let sit about 5 minutes until just soft but not mushy.
- Remove noodles with tongs and peas and edamame with slotted spoon, adding to skillet with garlic and onions.
- Add spinach and broccoli.
- Mix together adding sauce, add more soy sauce as needed.
- Let cook over low-medium heat for about 5-10 minutes to let flavors mix.
- Garnish with chives.
Yield: Makes 6 servings