Superfoods are all the rage! But are they actually super?!
All vegetables, fruits and plant foods are truly “super foods” in terms of their potential health benefits and help with weight management.
Because of our global society, plant-based gems from across the globe are now available in our everyday grocery stores. These foods offer concentrated amounts of nutrients including antioxidants, anti-inflammatory compounds, fiber, protein, healthy fats, complex carbohydrates, just to name a few.
How do you provide super foods to your family?
The key is keeping it simple. I love to make these bars because you can easily substitute ingredients based on what you already have on hand. Plus, it’s a one bowl, easy clean up, fast but healthy snack. That’s a win-win in our household!!
Enjoy these superfood bars for breakfast, snack or an after dinner treat.
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup cashews
1/2 cup gluten free oats
3 Tbsp. maple syrup
2 Tbsp. almond butter
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
1 Tbsp Goji berries
1 Tbsp Hemp Hearts
1/4 cup cacao nibs
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop nuts
- Let almond butter come to room temperature if stored in refrigerator.
- Add all ingredients to bowl and mix well.
- Spread onto parchment paper. Use plastic wrap in hands to help spread out mixture.
- Cover baking sheet with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Cut into shapes
Yield: about 5 bars