Easy, simple, fast flavor-filled recipe I love to batch cook on weekends. Perfect for when we want a quick, weeknight dinner.
These stuffed peppers are gluten-free and dairy-free although a bit of cheese is optional. They’re also packed with potent nutrients like fiber, Vitamin C and protein.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
1 cup quinoa, dried
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp dried turmeric
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 cups water
2 red bell peppers
2 green bell peppers
2 orange bell peppers
2 yellow bell peppers
3 poblano peppers
1 jalapeño pepper
1 cayenne pepper (or 1/4 tsp dried)
16 oz/2 cups baby bella mushroooms
4 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
- Heat olive oil over medium heat on stove.
- Smash garlic to remove peel, chop.
- Remove onion peel and chop.
- Wash mushrooms, peppers and chop, reserving half of the peppers whole for stuffing.
- Add garlic, onions, mushrooms and chopped peppers to pot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let cook stirring occasionally for about 6-8 minutes.
- In the meantime, rinse dry quinoa and add to rice cooker.
- Add spices to rinsed quinoa.
- Add water to rice cooker then cook.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Once quinoa is ready, add to pot with vegetables.
- Mix vegetables and quinoa together.
- Slice top off the remaining whole peppers, removing seeds.
- Stuff with quinoa veggie mixture and place onto parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, adding 1 oz cheese to each pepper before baking as desired.
- Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy