Cauliflower & Carrot Pizza Crust
1 head of Cauliflower
2 tbsp whole-wheat flour (any type of flour will do!)
1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 c cheese (any kind- I used cheddar)
Choice of toppings: Sauce, cheese, veggies, etc.
1 c homemade chunky tomato sauce
1 c cheddar/mozzarella cheese blend
¼ onion, chopped
8 basil leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F
- Rinse and chop cauliflower and carrots into 1in pieces or small enough to puree.
- Puree until rice-like texture.
- Boil with 1c water for 4-5 min. Let cool.
- Strain out ALL water using a cheese cloth or clean washcloth- Should come out to be about 2 cups
- Mix cauliflower/carrot dough, 2tbsp whole-wheat flour, egg, 1 tbsp cilantro, 1 clove of minced garlic, 1/3 c cheese and salt/pepper.
- Line a sheet pan with tinfoil. Spread dough mixture out into a ½ in thick crust.
- Bake for 20 min or until golden/crispy
- Remove and layer with toppings
- 10. Bake again for 8 min or until toppings set
Incorporating more veggies into your diet can be easier than you think! This is a great recipe for gluten free (just use gluten free flour!), vegetarians or anyone with 40 min and ingredients to spare!